I originally posted this picture on my instagram wanting to share the recipe but could not for the life of me remember which one I had used.
After a little hunting around on my browser history, I had found it! I had used Liv B’s recipe.
I made them again to make sure I did in-fact have the right recipe, this time using chocolate chips instead of the chunks I had used previously.
These are super easy to make and so quick to bake.
What you’ll need:
- Vegan margarine, vegan butter or coconut oil
- Brown sugar
- Non-dairy milk
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Chocolate of your choice
Chewy Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies
- March 29, 2021
- Print this
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (about 1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 175c
- Step 2
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan margarine and brown sugar. Add in the plant based milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Step 3
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Step 4
- Add dry mixture to wet in two parts, stirring to form a dough. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Step 5
- Use scoop 1-2 tbsp of dough and roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden. Let cool a few minutes before devouring!
- As Liv mentions on her blog, if you use block butter instead of margarine, you will need to add extra tsp of milk to add a bit of moisture to the dough. I used Flora plant block and this was definitely the case. I had to add a few more drops in for it to all come together.
Recipe by Liv B