This recipe is a quick and easy one, perfect for when you don’t have a lot in the cupboards or when you do not have a lot of time to make an elaborate meal.
And it’s pasta! Who doesn’t love a bit of pasta?
When it comes to savoury recipes, I’m not very good with exact measurements. I add things, taste them and add more ingredients to them if I feel It needs it.
So this recipe is a little vague, with plenty of room to make it your own and add other ingredients if you wish to.
- x1 Leek
- handful of mushroom
- vegetable stock
- soy milk
- salt and pepper to seasoning
- Butter (optional)
- Cook your pasta
- Whilst your pasta is cooking, let’s make the sauce! Prep your veg – cut your leeks and mushroom to your desired size.
- Fry your leeks and mushrooms in a pan of oil (and or butter). Once cooked, add in your soy milk, (very much dependent on how many you’re cooking for) a spoonful of cornflour, vegetable stock, and the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Mix until you reach your desired thickness, I always tend to add more milk here.
- Toss in your cooked pasta to the sauce, and maybe add a bit of pasta water in to make the mixing easier.
- Voila! That’s it!
Every time I make this, it always tastes slightly different as I don’t use exact measurements but love that it’s so quick, easy and deliciously creamy!
I told you this was vague, but hope you enjoy it if you make it! 😅